Although its primary focus targets a racing engine nick-named Offy, this historical reflection transcends traditional perceptions of motorsport. It addresses the dynamics of a time-honored right in the United States pursuit of the proverbial “American dream” in our free enterprise system.
In the 1960’s, Drake Engineering and Sales - the miniscule shop producing the Offy - accomplished an amazing feat. It was achieved through the support of several key suppliers and the loyal assistance of their relentless die-hard racing customers. These racing veterans resurrected the Offy from the depths of near extinction at the hands of its toughest competitive adversary ever.
On paved-oval (mile or longer) race tracks across the United States, the Offy humbled the Ford Motor Company’s “all-conquering” Quadcam V-8’s. Never before, or since, in the anals of motorsport, has resilience of such magnitude been recorded.
This book is for the Offy fans: It is the most successful racing engine ever designed. The book is 512 pages, hard cover & softbound editions available with 650 + black and white photos and illustrations. Publisher is Roadster Works. ·ISBN-10: 0972034714 . This book is coffee-table size and retails for about $99.00, but is well worth it. Other books have been written on the Offy but none more detailed. This book is more like a shop manual.
This book focuses more on the development of the Turbo Offy and examines the technical aspects of the engine. More than 65 individuals were interviewed for this books accurateness and as a result took five years to write.
From the Book
Order your Copy Today!!
The Book is a must have for the Offy fan
THE HARDBOUND EDITON OF
OFFY – AMERICA’S GREATEST RACING ENGINE
& FIVE (5) RELATED 12 X 18” POSTERS
IS NOW AVAILABLE
- Book price is $99.95 + $7.50 s&h - 512 pages – 8 ½ x 11” format – full-color dust cover – 650+ b&w images – standard embossed gold-script lettering on blue hardcover & spine
- A collectors’ edition – limited to 25 copies – bound in Leather, with custom embossed gold-script lettering on dark hardcover & spine with full-color dust cover - is also available. Price is $200.00 ea + 7.50 s&h.
-The only Offy history book/shop manual ever published.
- Five 12 x 18” color and b&w posters - featuring the 5 different production series engines w/related images – 200/220 - 255/270/318 - Midget - 252 and 168/159 Offys – are available individually or as a set. Price for individual posters is $10.00/ea + $3.00 s&h or $40.00/set + $5.00 s&h.
- Money orders, cashiers checks etc. accepted. Personal checks held 7 days.
- Paypal accepted - send order request to e-mail address listed below
C/O Kenneth E. Walton
25911 E. Outer Belt Rd.
Greenwood, MO 64034-8951
- or -
- or -
Phone: evenings 816-537-5231