- Contact Seller
- Item Location:
- Seekonk, MA
- 5 Speed Manual
- Seller: msclassiccar
- Phone: 508-557-0152
This vehicle has been consigned to Bring a Trailer. View it here and bid here - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-dodge-daytona/
The auction ends on February 20 at 4:05pm EST.
This one owner 1984 Dodge Daytona Turbo has 5,169 original miles and is one of the best examples known to exist. It’s been pampered its entire life by an obsessive compulsive individual. Tons of original documentation and extras are included. A list of everything included is listed below. The Dodge Daytona is an automobile which was produced by the Chrysler Corporation under the Dodge division from 1984 to 1993.
This car was ordered on June 28th, 1983 from Hallmark Dodge located in Overland Park, KS. It was ordered a Blue Gunmetal Pearl Coat exterior and a Black interior. The optional equipment included a radio-AM/FM stereo w/ cassette, premium speaker system and tilt steering column. The original order guide, hand written notes and dealership order form are included. The car was delivered and inspected by the dealership on September 21, 1983. The original Chrysler Corporation New Vehicle Preparation sheet is included. The car was retailed on September 23rd, 1983. All the original dealership paperwork and owner’s manuals are included. This was the owner’s first new car which he cherished. In fact, his house was specially designed and built to safely store the Daytona in a climate-controlled environment. He did change a few things so it would look like the ones shown in the early magazine articles in 1981-1982. He removed the large “Turbo” decals that were on the door and added the “Turbo Electronic Fuel Injection” decals that the early prototypes had. He drove it on a couple of short trips and put it away for the winter in 1983 and then drove it only a few times in 1984. He never wanted anyone to damage his first new car so he quit driving it. It was stored on jack stands so the suspension wouldn’t settle and the tires wouldn’t develop flat spots. Since it was being stored he installed a Direct Connection high volume oil pump so it would always have plenty of oil quickly when started. The original oil pan was replaced with a factory chrome one. An extra used oil pan is included as the original one was misplaced. He also installed a new 1-2 synchronizer assembly for smoother shifting. During the time the car was stored he would regularly start it and run in on the jack stands so everything would move. He mainly used it for 20 years as a backdrop to show how his kids were growing.
The exterior of this car is in showroom condition and virtually flawless. It retains all the original factory Blue Gunmetal Pearl Coat paint. The passenger front fender was rejected at the factory and resprayed at the factory per the owner’s request. The factory paint department inspection form is included. The paint looks great and has recently been detailed to a show quality shine. This is a beautiful color in person especially when it’s in the direct sunlight. Everything on the exterior is original to the car including such items as the glass, rubber, emblems, lenses, lights, etc. All of wheels are original to the car with the exception of one which was replaced under warranty when the car was just a few months old. All of the Goodyear Eagle GT P195-60V-R15 tires are original. This exterior is absolutely stunning!
The black interior of this car is also in showroom condition with no signs of wear. The black and white cloth bucket seats are extremely comfortable. They include dual recliners with lumbar and thigh support for the driver. The black and white checkered cloth material is also on the door panels which looks great. This interior was well designed with loaded with factory standard equipment such as power mirrors and onboard message center. All of the gauges and the onboard message center are crystal clear. Everything is in working order including the air conditioning and radio. An extra radio is included for extra parts. This interior is absolutely stunning!
The engine compartment is in beautiful original condition with no signs of oxidation. The engine compartment paint is also in beautiful original condition. It retains all the original factory tags and stickers throughout. The hood insulation is still in great condition and the hood light still works. The car is powered by the original 2.2L Turbocharged Inline 4-cylinder that was rated with 142HP. This engine runs and performs excellent. It’s barely broken in with 5,169 miles. The engine is coupled to a 5-speed manual transmission that shifts beautifully.
The undercarriage is also in beautiful original condition with no signs of wear. The painted floors are as nice as the exterior and painted engine compartment. It retains all the original factory paint marks throughout.
Listed below are the items that are included:
• Original notes with factory ordering guide.
• Original dealership order agreement.
• Original Factory Paint Inspection form.
• Original dealership Chrysler Corporation New Vehicle Preparation form.
• Original dealership Bill of Sale.
• Original window sticker.
• Two original deposit receipts.
• Original dealership odometer statement.
• Original Mercantile Bank finance contract.
• Original Mercantile Bank cashier’s check, loan payoff letter, etc.
• Original Kansas temporary registration.
• Original Chrysler maintenance checklist form and campaign information card.
• Original Hallmark Dodge dealer owner’s manual folder, envelope and key chain.
• Original owner’s manuals.
• Original miscellaneous registration, stickers, etc.
• Factory service manual.
• Factory dealership parts book.
• Factory technical service bulletin manual.
• Factory training manual on the 1984 Turbo 2.2 L engine.
• Dealership options and sales manual.
• Dealership brochures.
• Turbo promotional poster which is framed.
• Various trade publications.
• Various car magazines featuring the 1984 turbocharged 2.2 Liter.
• Spare parts accumulated to replace items replaced.
• Switches to repair the factory radio and trip reset switches.
• The original parts removed from the car such as pumps, covers, etc.
• The very first Beverly Hills car cover made for a Daytona/Laser.
• The locking cable for the Beverly Hills car cover.
• Front end protective bra.
• New plastic front inner fender liners.
• Dodge promotional items sales brochure.
• Dodge Daytona jacket.
• Dodge Daytona key set.
• Dodge Daytona pen.
• Engraved plaque ‘Built Special For”.
• 1984 Dodge Daytona model car.
• Original 1983 and 1984 personalized license plates.