- Item Location:
- Bulverde, TX
- Chevy Short Block 350
- Seller: dwestmor
- Phone: 8307142012
1950 Ford Business Coupe
I have to let the automotive love of my life go. Age and ability have caught up with me.
This car is an unfinished project that has been with me since 1965. I inherited it at that time from grandma who bought it new in 1950. Then it was a basic flathead 6 with 30,000 miles on it. No heater –no radio. (It still has no radio or heater). I drove it like that for many years, but only added small mileage. It has 70K actual mileage on the car. Had to store it here and there during several military assignments. Now it is basically a resto rod that is mechanically pretty well complete. The interior is very clean (one seat since it is a business coupe) But interior work should be done to suit a new owner. This is a list of some I have done or have had done by professionals:
1) 350 Chevy engine/350 Turbo Trans—build is 10 years old but mileage is only about 2,000. Eddelbroc 4bb Carb, and intake. Mallory ignition. Driven only on finest days on about10 mile trips. Started in garage about once a week. This is a powerful machine, but I have never pushed it. Purist may take exception to the Chevy in a ford, but it was the way it was done in the day if you wanted to go fast.
2) Custom aluminum radiator/pusher fan with toggle on off switch
3) Custom gas tank
4) Four wheel power disk brakes. These have hardly any use since professionally built. Very great system that cost over $4 K
5) 16” Radial tires on stock steel wheels
6) All new modern glass
7) Bumpers and Grill straight with fresh chrome
8) Door rattle kits
9) floor insulation
10) Great paint
11) Custom dual exhausts
This car is straight no rust. It was undercoated when new. It has always been a Texas car and garaged. It should be completed to suit a new owner. There are so many possibles to make this into the finest of the best. It is very hard to part with the car and I really want this to be taken by a real car guy that has the passion for it.. The stock looking sleeper is a one of a kind. The right car guy could have a great time with this machine.