Why does an OPTIMA battery last longer than other batteries?
The main reasons the OPTIMA battery has a longer life are:
· There is no shedding of active paste material
· The SpiralCell design immobilizes the plates preventing the active paste from working loose, which can cause plate to plate shorting
· They utilize a high purity lead-tin grid
· The grid material in OPTIMA batteries is more resistant to grid degradation - a type of internal corrosion that affects the plates inside a battery as it ages
· The completely sealed design prevents loss of water which can lead to plate dry-out and failure